Dear Saturday School parents,
Welcome to St. Sahag & St. Mesrob Armenian Saturday School’s 65th academic year! Administration and staff are ready and anxious to begin the 2020/2021 school-year.
This year, we will begin Kindergarten to Grade 8 classes online as of October 3, 2020.
The High-school Credit Courses will begin online on October 17, 2020.
The Toronto District School Board made the decision not to open on-site classes before the year-end for all Saturday programs. The Board will inform us if that decision is reversed.
I appreciate the sacrifices you make for your children. I acknowledge that this year, not only are we feeling the normal back–to-school butterflies, but also we are facing the stress of the unknown when we return to classes, either virtually or physically. But let us continue working together towards creating a supportive and positive learning environment, at home and at school, so that we challenge the intellect of children and develop their keen interest and deep love for learning.
Thank you for all of you who have sent us their pre-registrations, which helped us secure our continued partnership with TDSB.
★ Even if your children will not participate in the Fall program, please register them for the year so that arrangements are made and support is received from the ministry. Each class must have 23 registered students to insure that an instructor is assigned to a class and is funded to teach.
– No fee for online classes. If we return to on-location schooling, we will inform you as to the new fees.
– Face-to-face instruction will be for 30-40 minutes, ounce a week followed by independent work and communications through Google Classroom with the teachers.
Instructors will provide you the necessary details of teaching times, etc.
– Online school days: October 3, 17, 24, 31; November 7, 14, 21, 28; December 5, 12, 19
– Online registrations with TDSB are open from September 12—26, 2020. Please go to https://ereg.tdsb.on.ca/public/ilelogin.aspx and complete the form so that you receive an @TDSB.on.ca email account at a later date for the Google Classroom use.
It is recommended to use Firefox or Microsoft Edge, but if you encounter challenges, please call their help desk.
Registration will not be complete without an Ontario Education Number (OENs are found on students’ day-school report cards). If your children go to a private school and do not have OEN, please call Carmela at International Languages (416) 254-8521 for manual registration.
The 2020-2021 registrations for Armenian Language Credit Courses LYRBD1 (Level 1) and LYRCU1 (Level 2) are open until October 9, 2020 only.
– TDSB students have to click to Login to e-Reg to complete their registration.
– Non-TDSB students have to complete the Registration Form first; then the students will receive an email with further instructions.
If you encounter challenges, please call their help desk, or contact your instructor, Arminé Zirakyan at email@example.com
– When registration is complete, students will receive an @TDSB.student.on.ca email account to join the classes through Google Meet.
– Instruction times: Saturdays from 9 am to 12 pm. You will receive the necessary details from your instructors.
** It is important that you register NOW, even if you are not sure that you will participate fully. At this time, if the enrolment number is less than 25 students, a class will not be opened.
For the High school credit courses, next week you will receive another link from Mrs Armine Zirakyan.
Throughout the year, please check the school’s webpage regularly (armenianschool.ca) for important announcements. If you have not yet viewed or downloaded the school’s 2019-2020 Yearbook, go to https://issuu.com/stsahagstmesrobarmenainschool/docs/yb20_issuu_20200725
I look forward to collaborating with you and ensuring a successful and happy academic year. Please remember to self-care and stay healthy and happy.
Dr Arpi Panossian Muttart, Principal